Design-build is an alternative to the traditional design-bid-build project delivery method. Design-build streamlines project delivery through a single contract between the owner and the design build contractor or team. This simple but fundamental difference can save money and time by transforming the relationship between designers and builders into an alliance which fosters collaboration and teamwork. Using design-build, Hardy enters into a contract with the owner or general contractor wherein Hardy has responsibility to provide for both the design and construction of the mechanical portions of the project, in conformance with basic requirements provided by the owner. Hardy’s design is usually performed and stamped in-house. At times, we may employ an outside design professional to partner with us under Hardy’s overall responsibility.
UAB Women’s & Infant’s Center
Contract Value = $30,500,000.00
Hardy provided design build services for all HVAC and Plumbing systems.
- Design Build Benefits:
- Affordable solutions to mechanical systems.
- Early involvement in the design process assures lowest installed cost and faster construction schedules.
- Bid process occurs during design, thereby allowing ordering of long lead time equipment.
- Minimizes Change-Orders by insuring the equipment used is lowest cost. Structural, architectural, and electrical designs are based on the actual equipment being used.
- Precise fabrication of our engineered designs
- Stream-line Project Coordination
- Our in house sheet metal duct and pipe fabricating plant eliminates the middle man and gives us better control of the process.
- The End Result: An efficient system that works well, completed on time and within budget.